One Hour Project Management Training Course
This one hour project management training course includes an overview of the key principles of project planning and project management. Examples of projects from your organisation can be used to illustrate the ideas in the session. You will also get a free copy of Tiger-Taming for Beginners. This is ideal for those people who need an introduction to project management, or they need persuasion that they need more than just an hour.
This course is in presentation or seminar format. In one hour there is time to give an overview of the key principles of project management. This is appropriate where people need an introduction to the key principles. Sometimes this can be done to gain buy in for more activity, or simply as an introduction to create a basis of understanding.
Guide Price £600 – contact us for discounts available.
The price of your project management training depends on how many people you need to train, the length of the training you require, the level of complexity you require, your location and other factors. So please contact us for the price of your project management training.
- Up to 20 participants.
- In house training.
- Seminar or presentation.
- Questions and answers session to close.
- Give participants an overview of the key principles of project management.
- Review the key things to look out for with projects in your organisation.
- Give an overview of planning projects.
- Presentation with group discussion.
- Some participant interaction.
Tailored to your needs:
If you have specific needs for the training, or if you would like us to focus on key aspects of project management in the training then we can do this. We can discuss with you what your needs are and adapt the training course to fit these requirements at no extra cost.
- The Tiger / Project analogy.
- What is a Tiger?
- How to identify Tigers even when they are camouflaged.
- What to do when you spot a Tiger.
- Fundamentals of Tiger-Taming.
- Introduces the Project Management Planning Tool
- Framework for Tiger-Taming, the 5 ps of project management:
- Purpose – yours & the organisation’s.
- People – involved & impacted, managing expectations.
- Processes – Milestones & Tasks. Using Basecamp to Gantt charts.
- Planning – When to & how to.
- Pricing – internal costs and budgets.
- Communication in a project.
- Top 3 reasons why projects falter.
- Why do projects run over time & how to avoid this?
- Question & Answer session.
- Read the project management training course session outline.
- Read the book Tiger-Taming for Beginners.
- Participants are invited to follow the Tiger-Taming blog.
- Participants are invited to download the Tiger-Taming Project Management Tip Sheet.
- Basic awareness of key principles of project management.
- Basic understanding of how to Tame Tigers.
The benefits of this one hour project management training course include:
- Gives an awareness of how important it is to identify projects early on.
- Gives some ideas on the key principles of project planning and management.
- Takes just one hour!