Two Day Project Management Training
Two Day Project Management Training Course Overview
This two day project management training course gives time to cover project management in depth. This is ideal for those people who have regular projects to deliver in their role and need thorough project management training. As you can see from the contents below we cover a wide variety of subjects, but if there is specific content you would like in the course, please talk to us and we can adapt the training to suit your needs at no extra cost.
This is a comprehensive course and in the two days we have time to explore the issues and ideas in depth. Participants discuss their projects in detail. In each step of the programme the participants review their projects in discussion with the trainer and other participants. Participants get a good understanding of project management principles. They learn how to apply the ideas to their work. In two days they gain more in depth ideas on how to overcome the challenges of project management.
The price of your project management training depends on how many people you need to train, the length of the training you require, the level of complexity you require, your location and other factors. So please contact us for the price of your project management training.
- Up to 12 participants.
- In house training.
- Workshop with group & 1 to 1 interaction.
Two Day Project Management Training Course - Objectives
- Give participants an overview of the key principles of project management.
- Review the key things to look out for with projects in your organisation.
- Give an overview of planning, plus when and how to start.
- Discuss the ideas introduced and apply them to their own projects.
- Discuss challenges in the participants’ projects.
- Give participants a framework for planning and managing their projects.
- Prepare participants for a variety of project management challenges in dealing with people and processes.
Two Day Project Management Training Course - Style
- Discussion of each idea.
- Explanation of each idea using the participants’ projects.
- Extensive discussion based of the participants’ projects.
- Discussion in large group and in small groups.
- Practice of ideas in small groups.
- Individual action plans at the close.
Tailore to your needs
If you have specific needs for the training, or if you would like us to focus on key aspects of project management in the training then we can do this. We can discuss with you what your needs are and adapt the training course to fit these requirements at no extra cost.
Two Day Project Management Training Course Content
- Personal challenges with Tiger-Taming.
- What is a Tiger?
- Tigers in your organisation.
- How to identify Tigers even when they are camouflaged.
- What to do when you spot a Tiger. (How to not panic!)
- Fundamentals of Tiger-Taming.
- Participants use the Project Management Planning Tool on their smartphone, pc or tablet. Working on their project in the training.
- Framework for Tiger-Taming, the 5 ps of project management:
- Purpose – yours & the organisation’s
- People – involved & impacted, managing expectations.
- Processes – Milestones & Tasks. How to use tools like Basecamp and Gantt charts.
- Planning – When to & how to
- Pricing – internal costs and budgets
- Communication in a project.
- Top 3 reasons why projects falter.
- Project simulation to practice project management principles.
- Why do projects run over time & how to avoid this?
- Personalities in a project using the ITD The Power of Personality Model.
- Personal reflections on project planning and management.
- Ideas applied to the participants’ projects
- Discussion of participants’ project challenges.
- Workshop summary.
- Personal action plans.
- Read the two day project management training course session outline.
- Read the book Tiger-Taming for Beginners.
- Complete a one pager questionnaire two weeks prior to the two day project management training course.
- Bring along knowledge or details of a recent, current, or near future project.
- Good awareness of key principles of project management.
- Understanding of how to tame Tigers.
- Clear understanding of how to apply the ideas to their projects.
- Good knowledge of what they need to do to improve their Tiger-Taming.
- Personal actions to put into practice immediately.
Two Day Project Management Training Course - Benefits
The benefits of these two day project management training course includes:
- An awareness of how important it is to identify projects early on.
- Ideas in detail on the key principles of project planning and management.
- Participants have a chance to apply the ideas to their projects.
- Time to discuss present projects in the group and learn how to improve their chances of success.
- Opportunity to reflect, learn and practice project management skills
- Gives participants a chance to improve their future project planning.
To enquire about this two day project management training course call us on +44 (0)800 804 8086 or simply complete this form:
We will reply with 24 hours.