Introduction to Project Management
This Introduction to Project Management training course gives an overview of the key principles of project planning and project management. Examples of projects from your organisation can be used to illustrate the ideas in the session. You will also get a free copy of Tiger-Taming for Beginners.
This session is ideal for those people who need an introduction to the basics of project management, and as precursor to further training.
This course is in presentation or seminar format. In one hour there is time to give an overview of the key principles of project management. This is appropriate where people need an introduction to the key principles applied to their projects. This tailoring we do at no extra cost. Sometimes this can be done to gain buy in for more activity, or simply as an introduction to create a basis of understanding.
The Introduction to Project Management is a summary in seminar style which will whet the appetite of the audience. After the session they can download our FREE pdf boook.
The price of your one hour project management training depends on how many people you need to train, the length of the training you require, the level of complexity you require, your location and other factors. So please contact us for the price of your project management training.
Introduction to Project Management - Format
- Up to 20 participants.
- In house training.
- Seminar or presentation.
- Questions and answers session to close.
- Give participants an overview of the key principles of project management.
- Review the key things to look out for with projects in your organisation.
- Give an overview of planning projects.
- Presentation with group discussion.
- Participant interaction.
- Discussion of ideas.
- Application of ideas to your organisation.
Tailored to your needs
If you have specific needs for the training, or if you would like us to focus on key aspects of project management in the training then we can do this. We discuss with you what your needs are and adapt the training course to fit these requirements at no extra cost.
Introduction to Project Management Content
- The Tiger / Project analogy.
- What is a Tiger?
- How to identify Tigers even when they are camouflaged.
- What to do when you spot a Tiger.
- Fundamentals of Tiger-Taming.
- Introduces the Project Management Planning Tool
- Framework for Tiger-Taming, the 5 ps of project management:
- Purpose – yours & the organisation’s.
- People – involved & impacted, managing expectations.
- Processes – Milestones & Tasks. Using Basecamp to Gantt charts.
- Planning – When to & how to.
- Pricing – internal costs and budgets.
- Communication in a project.
- Top 3 reasons why projects falter.
- Why do projects run over time & how to avoid this?
- Question & Answer session.
Participants read the project management training session overview and download our Free pdf Tiger-Taming for Beginners.
- Read the book Tiger-Taming for Beginners.
- Participants are invited to follow the Tiger-Taming blog.
- Participants are invited to download the Tiger-Taming Project Management Tip Sheet.
Introduction to Project Management - Learning Outcomes
- Basic awareness of key principles of project management.
- Basic understanding of how to Tame Tigers.
Introduction to Project Management - Benefits
- Gives an awareness of how important it is to identify projects early on.
- Gives some ideas on the key principles of project planning and management.
- Takes just one hour!