Professional Project Management Training
This one day professional project management training course includes instruction from the trainer on your project. You will alos get a free copy of the Tiger-Taming For Beginners book and follow up. In one day there is enough time to cover the key topics in some depth. This is ideal for those people who have projects as part of their role but who cannot invest more than a day in training on the subject.
This course has you working on your own projects through the day. Ideas from the workshop are applied to your projects with discussion and coaching. So improving your approach to project management is easy. You will finish the day with a good understanding of project management principles and how they apply to your projects.
The price of your professional project management training depends on how many people you need to train, the length of the training you require, the level of complexity you require, your location and other factors. So please contact us for the price of your project management training.
- Up to 12 people per workshop.
- In house training.
- Workshop with group discussion and 1 to 1 coaching.
- Give people key ideas on project planning and management.
- Review the key problems which can happen with projects in your organisation.
- Give ideas on what to do before you start a project.
- Give ideas on how to start a project.
- Apply them to your project.
- Discuss challenges with the your project.
- Give ideas on how to manage people involved in your project.
- Give ideas on how to plan for possible unforeseen situations in your project.
Professional Project Management Training Workshop Style
- Presentation of ideas.
- Explanation of ideas.
- Discuss ideas.
- Apply ideas to your project.
- Discuss problems that may arise.
- Summary of each project management idea.
Tailored to your needs
If you have specific needs for the training, or if you would like us to focus on key aspects of project management in the training then we can do this. We can discuss with you what your needs are and adapt the training course to fit these requirements at no extra cost.
One Day Professional Project Management Training Content
This is an overview of the agenda for our One Day Project Management Training. The agenda is tailored to suit your needs.
- Personal challenges with Project Management.
- What is a Tiger?
- Tigers that are in your organisation.
- How to identify Tigers even when they are camouflaged.
- What to do when you spot a Tiger. (How to not panic!)
- Fundamentals of Tiger-Taming.
- Participants use the Project Management Planning Tool on their smartphone, pc or tablet to work on their project in the training.
- The 5 Ps of Tiger-Taming project management:
- Purpose – yours & the organisation’s.
- People – involved & impacted, managing expectations.
- Processes – Milestones & Tasks. How to use tools like Basecamp and Gantt charts.
- Planning – When to & how to.
- Pricing – internal costs and budgets.
- Communication in a project.
- Top 3 reasons why projects falter.
- How to make sure projects do not take longer than expected.
- Ideas applied to your project.
- Discussion of your project.
- Review of your challenges.
- Personal action plans.
- Read the project management training course outline.
- Read the book Tiger-Taming for Beginners.
- Complete a one page questionnaire.
- Bring along details of a recent, current, or future project.
One Day Professional Project Management Training Learning Outcomes
- Participants leave the workshop with a list of personal actions related to their learning needs.
- Basic awareness of key principles of project management.
- Good understanding of how to Tame Tigers.
- Good understanding of how to apply the ideas to their projects.
- Personal actions to put into practice immediately.
Professional Project Management Training Benefits
Benefits of this one day project management skills training course:
- Better project planning.
- Better project management.
- How to identify work as a project.
- Learn the principles of project management.
- You will be working on your project through the day.
- Discuss your project with the trainer.
- Get coaching on your project management skills.
- Work whilst you learn.