Project Management Training Courses
Project Management Training Courses Overview
Our Project Management Training Courses cover project management in depth. This is ideal for those people who have regular projects to deliver in their role and need thorough project management training. As you can see from the contents below we cover a wide variety of subjects, but if there is specific content you would like in the course, please talk to us and we can adapt the training to suit your needs. And we will do this at no extra cost.
This is a comprehensive course and during the session we have time to explore the issues and ideas in depth. Participants discuss their projects in detail. This means that at each step of the programme the participants review their projects in discussion with the trainer and other participants. Participants get a good understanding of project management principles, by learning how to apply the new ideas to their work. In two days they gain more in depth ideas on how to overcome the challenges of project management, applied to their own situations.
The price of this project management training depends on a number of factors; how many people you need to train; the length of the training you require; the level of complexity you require,;your location and other factors. So please contact us for a detailed proposal and price.
- Group sizes tend to be up to 12 participants because we encourage each person to discuss their projects and how our ideas apply. We can include more people, which means participants discuss thier projects in small groups rather than to the large group as a whole.
- The courses are delivered as In-House Training, which means they happen either in your offices, or in a venue chosen by you.
Project Management Training Courses - Objectives
- Give participants an overview of the key principles of project management.
- Review the key things to look out for with projects in your organisation.
- Give an overview of planning, plus when and how to start.
- Discuss the ideas introduced and apply them to their own projects.
- Discuss challenges in the participants’ projects.
- Give participants a framework for planning and managing their projects.
- Prepare participants for a variety of project management challenges in dealing with people and processes.
Project Management Training Courses - Style
We describe our sessions as workshops, which means the participnats are actively involved in thinking, or doing at every step. We discuss each idea as it is introduced to ensure understanding. In addition, these ideas are illustrated using the participants’ projects. There is extensive discussion based of the participants’ projects. This is followed up with discussion in large group and in small groups and the practice of ideas in small groups. Finally, individual action plans are developed at the close.
Tailore to your needs
If you have specific needs for project management training, or if you would like us to focus on key aspects of project management in the training, then we can do this. We can discuss what your needs are and adapt the training course to fit these requirements, which will ensure the training is more relevant for the participants.
- Personal challenges with Tiger-Taming.
- What is a Tiger?
- Tigers in your organisation.
- How to identify Tigers even when they are camouflaged.
- What to do when you spot a Tiger. (How to not panic!)
- Fundamentals of Tiger-Taming.
- Participants use the Project Management Planning Tool on their smartphone, pc or tablet. Working on their project in the training.
- Framework for Tiger-Taming, the 5 ps of project management:
- Purpose – yours & the organisation’s
- People – involved & impacted, managing expectations.
- Processes – Milestones & Tasks. How to use tools like Basecamp and Gantt charts.
- Planning – When to & how to
- Pricing – internal costs and budgets
- Communication in a project.
- Top 3 reasons why projects falter.
- Project simulation to practice project management principles.
- Why do projects run over time & how to avoid this?
- Personalities in a project using the ITD The Power of Personality Model.
- Personal reflections on project planning and management.
- Ideas applied to the participants’ projects
- Discussion of participants’ project challenges.
- Workshop summary.
- Personal action plans.
We offer a number of options for participants to engage with the subject prior to the workshop. These include; one, read the two day project management training course session outline; two, read the book Tiger-Taming for Beginners , three, complete a one pager questionnaire ten days prior to the two day project management training course; four, bring along knowledge or details of a recent, current, or near future project.
Follow up of any course can be vital to ensure learning is re-inforced. We offer a range of optional follow up actions. Firstly, participants are invited to follow the Tiger-Taming Project Management blog. Then we send an invitation to download the Free Tiger-Taming Project Management Tips. And finally, participants are sent their two day project management training course actions by email.
- Feedback from our project managemnt courses shows that participants gain a number of learning outcomes. Most importantly they gain a good awareness of key principles of project management and how to tame Tigers. They also learn how to apply the ideas to their projects. In our language they gain a good knowledge of what they need to do to improve their Tiger-Taming.
The benefits of these two day project management training course includes:
- Firstly, an awareness of how important it is to identify projects early on.
- Secondly, detailed ideas on the key principles of project planning and management.
- Thirdly, participants have a chance to apply the ideas to their projects, including time to discuss present projects in the group and learn how to improve their chances of success.
Tell us about the project management training course you're looking for, or call us on +44 (0)800 804 8086
We will reply with 24 hours.